* This reading challenge runs October 1 - February 28
Suspense or police procedures and the entire menagerie under the mystery genre are all available for the challenge.
1 Paranormal or gothic mystery for Halloween (level of spookiness up to you)Total of 7 books in all over 5 months for 1.4 book per month. Hopefully not a burden of a reading challenge while adding a little seasonal fun.
2 Autumn/harvest/Thanksgiving related mystery
2 Winter/snow/Xmas//Hanukah etc related mystery
1 resolutions/new begininngs related mystery
1 Romantic mystery/Valentine's related (chocolate, February...) (level of romantic up to you)
* Cross overs / overlaps to other challenges are okay and the more you can utulize your TBR stack the better.
* Sign up below with Mr Linky, if you like. If you don't have a blog then post your list of books here in the comments and return to share what you finished.
* If you have given the book you chose a good chance and you just can't finish it, feel free to pick a new one.
* Those who complete the challenge get a Badge of Completion that can be posted on their blog or website and entered for a random drawing for one of ten Challenge winners bookmarks to be given away!!
* Prize restrictions - bookmarks will only mailed within the U.S.
Random drawing winners will have 2 weeks from prize notification to provide a mailing address. If a mailing address is not provided then a new person will be drawn and notified.
* The books I am planning to read for the Fall Winter Mystery Reading Challenge are:
1. Dead Girls Are Easy by Terri Garey DONEAs you can see I have revised my list already
Milwaukee Autumns Can Be Lethal by Kathleen BarretThe Fall Hunt by Joanne Clarey DONE
The Thanksgiving Day Murder by Lee HarrisHail to the Chef by Julie Hyzy DONE
In the Dead of Winter by Nancy MehlDeath at Wentwater Court by Carola Dunn DONE
Holiday Grind by Cleo CoyleThe Oxygen Murder by Camille Minichino DONE
6. Dying to Be Thin by Kathryn Lilley DONE
A Catered Valentine's Day by Iris CrawfordDeath of a Valentine by M.C. Beaton DONE
Feel free to use the graphic in this post for your blogs and please link it back to this post as well. I am looking forward to hearing from all of you on how you are doing in the challenge. Let's enjoy the season together!
WE ARE AT THE END OF THE CHALLENGE
Comments are coming in as to how everyone did. It looks as though Jo read all 7 (plus some extra credit.) I will give (3) handmade bookmarks to be awarded to the top participants in the challenge. Of course I will need to get mailing addresses to send the bookmarks to.
Badge for Jo and anyone who read all 7 out of 7 in the challenge: