Share This

Bookmark and Share

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Thrill Week






What is Thrill Week


It is all about Networking with Bloggers and Authors who love to read and write Thrillers, Mystery, Suspense and/or Horrors. The goal is to find new blogs and bloggers with similar interest in those genres and of course add to our huge TBR and Wishlists.


The Thrill Ride Questionnaire  
all responses relating to Genres: Mystery, Thriller and Suspense              

1)  Introduce yourself

Hey, I am a Colorado native who has always been a bookworm.  I never know what to share about myself.  I am forty-something suburbanite with an aloof cat running the house.  I love the mountains, but have found I also love to visit the beach.

2) What has been your top 3 reads this year? Link your reviews

Endangered by Pamela Beason
Wilderness suspense: Wildlife biologist racing against the clock

The Last Spymaster by Gayle Linds 
Thriller - intrigue: CIA Agent Elaine Cunningham is hunting a legendary double agent who has escaped custody, but nothing is as it seems.

The Resistance by Peter Steiner 

Nazi occupied France with villagers mounting a underground resistance.  Danger truly lurks in every corner.

3) What are you currently reading during Thrill Week?
My autographed copy of Jeffery Deaver's The Burning Wire.  Lincoln Rhyme is back, on the trail of a killer whose weapon of choice cripples New York City with fear.

The weapon is invisible and omnipresent. Without it, modern society grinds to a halt. It is electricity. The killer harnesses and steers huge arc flashes with voltage so high and heat so searing that steel melts and his victims are set afire.



4) Do you have an all time favorite cover in the genres above?  After checking out some of the other blogs, I too like most of the covers to cozy mysteries.  I would love to feature some of the artists, but so far haven't gotten far getting in touch with them.  


I usually love the covers to C.S. Harris's Sebastian St. Cyr  mysteries

5) What debut author(s) or new to you author(s) have you read within the last 12 months that have impressed you?

Now that you mention it, last year I discovered Victor Ostrovsky (Black Ghosts by Victor Ostrovsky).  Your question made me think of him and how I wanted to read more of him.  Thank you for reminding me.
  Victor Ostrovsky was a Lieutenant Commander in the Israeli military as well as a member of the elite Mossad.  He utilizes his experience and knowledge to great advantage. 



Also, I just read and reviewed my first Laura Lippman.  She is great.

6) Favorite trilogy or series you recommend to others to read in the genres above?
 

Oh my goodness - that is tough.  It depends on the specific genre: cozy mystery, paranormal mystery, amateur sleuth,  historical mystery, suspense, thriller.  There are so many.  Take a look through the books I have reviewed.  I follow the Seaside Knitters mysteries, The Divine Circle mysteries, the Bibliophile mysteries, the Sebastian St. Cyr  mysteries, Lady Arianna Regency mysteries,

7) What popular author(s) have you NOT read but is on your Wishlist?
Tess Gerritisen, John Sandford, Lee Child


8) Other than blogs, share with us what other tools you use or subscribe to in order to keep up with the latest news on authors, new releases, book tours, etc?
Shelf Awareness newsletter through my local indy store's website and Omni Mystery News, Stop Your Killing Me newsletter, The Big Thrill newsletter, Friends on Goodreads, and LibraryThing, TLC book tours.


9) What current book is hyped among the blogosphere that you want to read or are not interested in? Why or why not or link your review if you have read it.
Anything James Patterson - he just seems to crank them out.

David Baldacci's Zero Day - mostly I am disappointed he didn't write another Camel Club and can't get past that.  BUT I have put his newest The Innocent on my TBR list.

10) What is most important in these genres to you? Plot, characters, location, dialogue, red herrings, narrator or what mix of them?
I would have to say a mix of all.  Plot and character first, a location that is so well developed it is like a character in its own right is a plus.  Sometimes I just need a lighter tone, so some humor is nice - when it is appropriate. 


11) Recommend a book made into movie you thought both were good?
I have to say the most recent movie of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy was a great portrayal of the book.  I liked it much better than the first movie.

Also, The Bone Collector movie was a good movie from an amazing book.


12) Recommend a book you would like to discuss with others and possibly the author? Note – I will do a poll with participant’s choices at the end of Thrill Week and then we can agree on a date for Q&A. I will try and arrange the chosen author to participate.

 I am open to any author, but Laura Lippman or David Baldacci spring to mind.  I would have said Jeffrey Deaver - but I got to eat dinner with him and ply him with questions already at a writer's conference.






















Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Marce said...

First, you didn't link up so I am so SORRY, I missed all your posts :-( huge apologies.

Jeffrey D is a must read for me, I am going to try Bone Collector first and then the movie, I don't remember it.

Wasn't it interesting everyone said no covers or only cozy's, hmmmmm.

I get the Big Thrill newsletter also, but it doesn't read good on email.

I really want to read John Sandord, I haven't tried either and I only tried Tess last year.

I have to check out your top 3, they are new to me.

Thanks for participating.

Related Posts with Thumbnails