Share This

Bookmark and Share

Monday, February 11, 2013

Historical Mystery Reading Challenge - 2013



I have recently gotten into historical mysteries again and thought I would share the fun in a reading challenge.  So signup with me for the next few months.
* This reading challenge runs February 11 - June 30 2013.


*  Suspense, amateur sleuth, cozy, or police procedures and the entire menagerie under the mystery genre are all available for the challenge.


From now until the end of June read seven (7) historical mysteries.

*  Any format of book is eligible, from ebooks, audio, and print.  Go for it!


  * Cross overs / overlaps to other challenges are okay and the more you can utilize your TBR stack the better.

* Sign up below with the Linky, if you like. If you don't have a blog then post your list of books here in the comments and return to share what you read.  Sharing in the comments proves to be very interesting for all, so consider bookmarking this post and come back to share about the books you've read and if you recommend them.

* If you have given the book you chose a good chance and you just can't read/finish it, feel free to pick a new one.

* Those who complete the challenge get a Badge of Completion that can be posted on their blog or website and entered for a random drawing for one of five Challenge winners bookmarks to be given away.  I scrapbook and stamp so they are handmade.

* Prize restrictions - bookmarks will only be mailed within the U.S and Canada.

Random drawing of challenge participants who completed the challenge will have 2 weeks from prize notification to provide a mailing address. If a mailing address is not provided then a new person will be drawn and notified.

 
* The books I am planning to read (subject to change) for the Historical Mystery Reading Challenge are:


-  A Crimson Warning by Tasha Alexander (click here)
-  What Darkness Brings by C.S. Harris
(click here)
-  India Black and the Shadows of Anarchy by Carol Carr (click here)

-  The Paris Affair by Teresa Grant (click here)

-  Her Majesty's Hope by Susan Elia MacNeal (click here)


-  Unnatural Habits by Kerry Greenwood (click here)

I look forward to reading about everyone's books and discovering some new series!  Also, please consider submitting your blog post on these challenge books in the Mystery and Crime Fiction Blog Carnival here (http://blogcarnival.com/bc/submit_8796.html)






Bookmark and Share

11 comments:

Ann Summerville said...

This sounds like a fun challenge.
Ann

Mark Baker said...

I am trying to come up with some good historical mysteries on my TBR stack. I can only think of 3 I would be reading over the next few months, but if I can come up wih more, I will join.

A.F. Heart said...

Mark,
you might discover some new historicals by following some of the others!

KateH said...

Escape Artist - Ed Ifkovic
Mr. Churchill's Secretary - Susan Elia MacNeal
Death in the Floating City - Tasha Alexander
A Duty to the Dead - Charles Todd
Birds of a Feather - Jacqueline Winspear
The Bughouse Affair - Bill Pronzini & Marcia Muller
plus, if I have time before the end of June, my 'extra credit' India Black & the Shadows of Anarchy - Carol Carr
What Darkness Brings - C.S. Harris

Jo said...

I'm definitely participating - I loved the last challenge you did. What consists of historical? I mean year-wise. Do the 1950s count? etc.

A.F. Heart said...

Jo,
I would say 1960s and prior - so definitely 1950s count!

So glad you are joining :-)

Christy (murdermostbritish) said...

I'm game...I don't know which 7 books I'll read yet, but definitely will do so and add what I plan on reading when I get a list together, or when I've finished and pos the books I read.

Shalet Jimmy said...

I would love to take part in it. But I really do not know Gothic mysteries are available here in plenty.

A.F. Heart said...

Okay,
I have completed reading and reviewing two of my challenge books.
- A Crimson Warning by Tasha Alexander

- India Black and the Shadows of Anarchy by Carol Carr

How are you guys doing on yours?

I would love to get a few more people participating in this challenge, so please help spread the word.

Thanks!
Ariel

A.F. Heart said...

Okay,
I have completed a few more and just wanted to put it in the comments so everyone can participate.

I have finished and reviewed What Darkness Brings by C.S. Harris, Her Majesty's Hope by Susan Elia MacNeal, and an unscheduled book - Unnatural Habits by Kerry Greenwood. I have enjoyed each of them and the page here has links to the reviews.

Now how about each of you? How is your historical mystery reading going?

A.F. Heart said...

I have read 5 of the 7 needed for this challenge, although some titles have been dropped/added.

How is everybody doing on this challenge? Please post and share with us so we can get some ideas of good books to read.

Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails