Share This

Bookmark and Share

Monday, May 19, 2014

Guest Author Post - Laura Morrigan


Ms. Morrigan has been so gracious as to give us an interview last December (click here) and I reviewed the debut book in her new series, Woof at the Door (click here.) 

Laura Morrigan is a Florida Native whose work at a local zoo, helping out with everything from “waste management” to teaching an elephant how to paint, served as inspiration for her Call of the Wilde Mysteries. She still lives in Florida and is working on the third book in the series.

Three unexpected things I learned after becoming a published author.

1. People read your book. I know, this seems to be a given, but I'm always a little surprised when I get emails from readers who express love for a specific scene or ask detailed questions about character motivations. The first time it happened I thought, "Holy crap! This person actually read my book!" Well, yes, what did you expect, Laura? (Disclaimer: I’m a natural blonde.)

2. Your book may alter these people’s perspective. This was hard to get my head around and was totally unexpected. I've had numerous readers tell me they no longer look at their pets or even their friend's pets the same way. They wonder what Fido or Fluffy is thinking or feeling.

I had one woman tell me she was more patient with her dog after reading my book.

Whoa.  Talk about awesome!

3. You don't read nearly enough. Amongst my friends and family, I would be considered a voracious reader. Compared to some folks I've met at... let's say, Malice Domestic, I would be called peckish at best. I'm talking five-plus books a week people! It's gotten to where I cringe when someone starts a sentence with, "Have you read…"

Though I read a lot-- it’s not enough. I’ve read some classics--but not enough. It’s never enough! 





Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Laura Morrigan said...

Thank you for having me back! Always a pleasure.
Wishing you many mysterious moments as well,
Laura

A.F. Heart said...

Thank you so much Ms. Morrigan for stopping by, and for your talents with the Call of the Wilde Mystery series.

Ariel

Related Posts with Thumbnails