Let's welcome the author of the new Love or Money Mystery Series to our little slice of the blog-o-sphere!
I reviewed her second book in the series, Second Chance at Murder (click here). Let's find out a little more about her in this interview.
1. How long have you been writing? I have a B.A. and an M.F.A. in Playwriting and it was many moons ago I was in college…so I think it’s safe to say, I’ve been writing for about 20 years.
2. When did your first novel come out? What was it called? A little about it? My first novel was Bundle of Trouble: A Maternal Instincts Mystery The story is about is about a new mom who’s fears something may have happened to her near-do-well brother-in-law. As Private Investigators probe around, it gives Kate the idea to start her own investigation service and therefore, by able to work from home and care for her new baby.
3. Have you always written mysteries? If not what else have you written? Yes, always comedic mysteries in novel format. My plays were sometimes mysteries, sometimes comedies and sometimes both.
4. What brought you to choose the setting and characters in your latest book/series? I love watching reality TV, but with three children and a busy writing career, I hardly ever get to watch TV at all, so I decided to create my own reality TV show series where I could control the ending!
5. Do you write to entertain or is there something more you want the readers to take away from your work? I write to entertain and I love it!
6. Do you have a schedule for your writing or just write whenever you can? Both! I make up a schedule and when I blow it, I write whenever I can ; )
7. Do you outline? If not, do you have some other interesting way that you keep track of what’s going on, or what needs to happen in your book when you are writing it? I definitely plot. I know all the plot point in a novel as if they were written on the inside of my eyelids. I also keep a notebook with me at all times for when inspiration hits.
8. If you had your ideal, what time of day would you prefer to write? Morning!
9. Writing heroes? Mary Higgins Clark has always been an inspiration.
10. What kind of research do you do? Interview law personnel, lots of internet research, lots of talking to people!
11. What do you read? Everything! I’m currently hooked on a Japanese Anime Series that my daughter and I are reading together Attack on Titan (we can’t get enough!) It’s not something I would have ordinarily picked up, but the fact that my daughter and I are reading together, just tickles me.
12. Favorite TV or movies? Goodness to many to mention I think…all time favorite movies are anything written by Patricia Highsmith (Strangers on a Train, The Talented Mr. Ripley)
13. What is something people would be surprised to know about you? English is not my first language! 14. Where can readers find out more about you? www.dianaorgain.com And the can always sign up for my newsletter to get the latest updates.
Diana Orgain is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the Maternal Instincts Mystery Series: Bundle of Trouble, Motherhood is Murder and Formula for Murder, and Nursing a Grudge. She is also the Author of the Love or Money Mystery series and Yappy Hour. Diana is the New York Times Bestselling co-author of the Scrapbooking Mystery Series with Laura Childs. To keep up to date with the latest releases visit Diana at www.dianaorgain.com or sign up for the newsletter.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
THANK You Ms. Orgain for those answers so we can get to know you a little better.
The California Wine Club - Handcrafted, Quality Wines from "Mom & Pop" Wineries. No Bulk Wine.
Sale Specials and Deals from EntirelyPets.com