Share This

Bookmark and Share

Monday, October 5, 2020

Adventure Book Tag



Today I am trying the Adventure Book Tag from Amanda over at Literary Weaponry Blog

If you have a blog and are reading this, consider yourself tagged to do this on your blog.  If you don't have your own blog, you get to know me a little better and can give your answers in the comments.  Come on, join in on the fun!  Share your love of books with us.

I will try to keep my answers to the mystery/thriller genre, but no promises.


Which character would you love to go on an adventure with?  
I will have to say Phyrne Fisher from the Miss Fischer Mysteries.  If you haven't read any of the books or seen the TV series, you are missing out.  It is set in the roaring twenties of Australia.  Love it.  There is a Miss Fisher movie out, "Miss Fisher and the Crypt of Tears" on Acorn channel.  I don't have it, but I may have to subscribe just to see the movie!       

Here is the trailer:  https://youtu.be/kJ1JC9ue8Y8



If you could be any character for the day, who would you be and why? 
Tough question, there are so many good heroines in the mystery genre.  But I think Lady Victoria Georgiana Charlotte Eugenie (34th in line for the throne of England) of the Her Royal Spyness mysteries would be a fun one.




What book is on your TBR bucket list? 
I don't know why or how I haven't already read any of the Louise Penny's Chief Inspector Armand Gamache!  I know, how is that possible?  So those books are on my TBR Bucket List. 



Which book has a contemporary setting you would love to go to?

I've narrowed it down to three cozy series. The first has a magical garden by Amanda Flower - set it a small town in Scotland. The second is the Scottish Bookshop mystery series set in Edinburgh Scotland. The third is Whiskey Business mystery series set in... you guessed it, Scotland.  Are you sensing a theme here?





Which book has a fantasy/fictional setting you would love to go to? 
 Harry Potter series, I so would love Hogwarts!!  What an amazing job of world building.  Not a mystery, but I would love it.  I think I would make a good Hufflepuff student. 


 
What book or book edition would you do anything to get your hands on? 
This is tough, I don't have a burning desire for a first edition or anything like that.  Although, I wouldn't mind some print artwork from some book covers (without the titles etc., just the artwork) to frame for my home office.  Some of the book covers are so amazing.

    


Name a character who is very adventurous and daring. 
I have already mentioned Phryne Fisher, so I have to go with Charlotte Holmes of the Lady Sherlock series by Sherry Thomas.

OR there is Maggie Hope of the Maggie Hope Mystery series.  




Name the craziest or weirdest place you’ve ever read a book.

I will have to say the Post Office while in line BC (before Covid).  I got my phone with the Nook app out and began reading.  Gee, can you tell I don't do many crazy or weird things!!  I have actually read on the beach, at the pool, and in the bathtub as well.  Reading in the bathtub is so relaxing, with wine too!  How about you?


Please share your answers to these questions in the comments, particularly the last one!  I want to hear from you!





Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

sherry fundin said...

i love this post. so many great books
sherry @ fundinmental

Related Posts with Thumbnails