Share This

Bookmark and Share

Monday, February 28, 2011

TV Mysteries

If you love mysteries then you have found at least some television mysteries throughout the years that you enjoyed and perhaps current shows too.


Remember Columbo, Father Dowling Mysteries, Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys, MacMillan and Wife, Perry Mason Returns, Ironside, Murder She Wrote, Matlock, Remington Steele, Simon and Simon, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Quincy, Brother Cadfael, Ellery Queen, Charlie's Angels, Profiler, Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett), Jake and the Fat Man, Nero Wolfe, PBS Mystery (Poirot, Miss Marple), Thin Man-movies, Charlie Chan-movies and many more?

On television currently we have Castle, Criminal Minds, the CSI suite of shows, Psych, Mentalist, Hawaii Five-O, Law and Order, Sherlock, Jesse Stone etc.

My question is in two parts.  1)  What past mystery shows were your favorites and 2)  what current shows do you enjoy?

I loved the old Remington Steele, Brother Cadfael and the Perry Mason Returns shows.  Currently I clear everything Monday nights for Castle!  I enjoy Criminal Minds in small doses, the new Sherlock is unique and Mentalist has some great moments.

What are yours? 












Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

I adore Foyle's War and both Hercule Poirot & Miss Marple, although I'm waiting for them to redo the Tuppence & Tommy books. I also love Bones, even though they are so different from Kathy Reich's books. I also was mad about Remington Steele, Pierce Brosnan sigh, as well as Matt Houston.

A.F. Heart said...

Elizabeth,

Thank you for adding Foyl'e War and Bones. I knew I was forgetting some. I saw the Bones show before I listened to one of the books on CD and I was really surprised at how different they are.

I can't believe I forgot Matt Houston! Thank you for remembering that one too.

MAB said...

I grew up on The Rockford Files, Quincy, Barnaby Jones, Magnum PI, Simon & Simon, and so on.

I love all of the PBS mysteries: Lord Peter Wimsey and Campion are two more not mentioned yet. I love getting old reruns from Netflix. I also liked Monk and we are currently into Chuck.

A.F. Heart said...

MAB,

Great stuff here! I remember Barnaby Jones - can't believe I forgot Magnum. Ah lovable Monk. Yes, Chuck is just fun. I haven't caught a Lord Peter Wimsey or Campion - I must remedy that.

A.F. Heart said...

WHAT WAS the detective show (I think in the late 70s) that featured a blind man? The actor had blond hair. I can't think of the name of the show or the actor for anything. I loved this show. I don't think it last more than a season or two.

A.F. Heart said...

Oh...How about Police Woman!! Angie Dickinson :-) Or the show Get Christie Love! How many girls were influenced by these shows to go into law enforcement? And Barney Miller - I still laugh at that show on Hulu.

I finally found the show I couldn't remember the name of. 'Longstreet' starring James Franciscus, first aired in 1971. I loved that show!

Related Posts with Thumbnails